Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Houses

We finished house shopping tonight and of course we found THE perfect house - only now I'm not so sure we can afford it. Sigh. It's so perfect, in North Salt Lake, in a neighborhood place, a balcony, 2 bed, 2 bath, an OPEN kitchen, with plenty of cupboards and counters. A place for a table, a big master closet, it's PERFECT! And it is definitely what we thought was in our price range.

We went up to look at it tonight, and it really is perfect, and we both felt really good about it, then I came home and looked at our budget and took away my income (just for the sake of argument) and it turns out that it's real expensive. Technically housing should only take up about 40% of your income, but most people find that it does more. But, as I continue to work, it might still be possible. The real problem is that I don't feel like it's smart to rent because you wind up spending almost as much on rent as you would on a mortgage. Maybe that's not true, but it's my perception. At least we know about tithing. That's pushing for us. Now we just need to decide if we really think we can do it or not. I sure hope so though, because I really did fall in love with that place. It's perfect! Even with a garage for my hubby. Just 1 though, not 4...he's a little bummed about that, but I told him our next house could have more garage. It just doesn't make sense not to buy right now while the market is so great for us.

I should note that when Josh came home I asked him if he knew where our Christmas stuff was - he did, now it's up. It's a good thing I have a husband. It turns our he's pretty dang cool. We have stockings, a tree skirt, lights, it's a beautiful thing - I'll post pictures tomorrow...in the mean time, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |