Friday, October 7, 2011

Volunteerism

Do you ever volunteer for something simply because you know you won't be taken up on it?

I mean technically if it comes right down to it, you'd be willing. Technically.

But the truth is it seems so unreasonable for you to be the one to do the thing, that you know the party to whom (who? whom? somebody teach me that rule?) you offered will never take you up on it.

But then they do.

Yeah......me too.

No. I'm not talking about you. Calm down. I'm more than happy to do that thing for YOU because it's no big deal at all. In fact I'm looking forward to THAT thing. I'm talking about someone you've never heard of before. :D

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! I knew my English nerdiness would come in good for something...

    If you would use "he" in the sentence, you use "who." If you would use "him" then you use "whom."

    Now I am going to go read the dictionary for fun.

    ReplyDelete

Share |