Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Some things are just DESIGNED that way

I've discovered that there are some items that are just designed poorly. It has nothing to do with me, nothing to do with my flaws and problems. In some situations it's truly not my fault! It's the item's fault and there isn't a dang thing I can do about it.

Like when I walked up the tiny narrow staircase in the middle of the building and felt like I took up the whole thing? That's just because the staircase is actually physically a good 18 inches narrower than the normal staircases. In real life. Whew! What a relief, I thought I had grown 18 inches wider over night!

What else can I apply this to?
Well, those jeans that used to fit me just right? They are actually physically 10 inches narrower than they used to be. Which means it's actually fantastic that I can still squeeze into them, rather than depressing that they're tight.
The bag of M&M's that intentionally makes me feel like I've only had 2 or 3 when in real life I've had 20 or 30? Yes, that is the fault of the M&M people.
The recipe for chicken pot pie that was amazing last winter? The fact that it turned black and icky when I left it in the oven for an extra 30 minutes has nothing to do with me. It's the recipe's fault. (Sorry Aubrie, it's flawed.)
My camera taking "snapshots" instead of "portraits" and "photos"? I blame Sony completely.

The list could go on and on, but I'll spare you. Just know what I know: That in real life, it's not my fault! and that is fantastic news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |