Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Is A Special Day?

There's a song the kids in our church sing about Saturday.

Saturday is a special day
It's the day we get ready for Sunday......


I'm curious. Regardless of "ready for Sunday" and whether or not that is your focus on Saturday, is it a special day?

Because at my house Saturday is the day that the alarm goes off, Josh gets up and goes to work, then school, then work again and comes home whenever he can.

Exactly like every other day of the week.

Only on Saturday I try to avoid going places (the store, the library, the zoo) because my poor anti-social self can't handle the crowds.

I suppose the thing that makes Saturday special to us is that we don't leave, we don't do anything productive and we're eating leftover cold pizza at 10:30am. At 10:30 is leftover cold pizza breakfast or lunch? I think the fact that I don't know is what I love so much about it. Somehow it not being defined means the calories don't count.


We're only a couple of weeks into this semester and already I can't tell what day it is and I'm not entirely sure it matters anyway.

That might be why I love Sunday so much. It starts early, I'm gone for a lot of the day, Josh still works, we're running from early in the morning until bedtime. Busy or not, at least it's different.

What about you? What do you do on Saturday (or Sunday) at your house?

1 comment:

  1. I hear you sister, Friday- Monday is Ben's Monday-Thursday. He starts shift Friday and works nights so we never really have time together because the real Monday-Friday I work ... When moping about my husband not being there (note- this is done often but I try not to around him) the glass 1/2 full tells me, I have freedom to do whatever McCoy and I want & I dont have to share the remote AND I have a stellar husband who takes care of our little fam. So---whenever your "special" day is, you are not alone. PS thanks for bloggin! I love the updates

    ReplyDelete

Share |