Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Grown

Two years ago Tommy looked like this. He was a little glow-wormy and he only wore blankets and hats.

And he was only as long has HALF of Josh's torso.

Today he wears jeans and shoes with laces and when he runs up to me to give me a hug he's as long as my leg. My whole leg.

In the beginning I was sure that he'd never grow because I couldn't feed him. But here it is 2 years later and I can't remember him ever being so small. Obviously he did grow.

Here's my theory - he grew fast, but not so fast I could see it. There are a few specific moments when I remember him being noticeably bigger/stronger/capable-er than he was 5 minutes earlier.

But for the most part things just sortof worked themselves out in the night when I wasn't looking (but definitely was praying).

And now he's an enormous, giant, toddler-boy who is kind (sometimes) and smart (almost always) and important (every single day).

I couldn't possibly be more glad that he is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |