Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A dollar a day

If I had a dollar for every time I thought to myself he/she is just the nicest guy/girl. I probably would have earned a million dollars just since I started working for The Mormons.


My average day involves being told that I “did a great job” or provided “just what I wanted” or “solved that problem quickly” just a quick “thanks” or any number of other positive comments about every 10 seconds. And that’s one of the biggest reasons I currently love my job.

In elementary school I vividly remember the lesson on the number 1 million (maybe it was billion....maybe it's not so vivid.....) because our teacher was concerned that “in this day and age (*is it weird that Josh says that phrase all the time? I think so, but I love him anyway.) kids just don’t know the value of a million. Then she followed it with a picture book and bunch of statistics about how big a million really was. I guess she was right to be concerned because I use the phrase “about a million” about a million times a day, and I suppose that when I use it that often, I must be exaggerating....at least a little.

1 comment:

  1. Is it okay that I secretly wish I had your job? Is that coveting? hehe

    ReplyDelete

Share |