Sunday, September 7, 2008

Misty and Ryan's wedding

This week has been nuts partly because of "the wedding", which turned out beautifully!

Misty is Josh's older sister, and we were so excited to be able to go to the temple with her to watch her be sealed to Ryan. We always love going to other people's wedding ceremonies to remember the things we should be doing and to be able to hear the advice given to others. What a great blessing it is for us to be able to go to the temple together and remember our own special day.

After the ceremony, Josh and I headed to Jay and Julie's where the reception was being held, and got to work getting food ready. Josh's mom made brownies by the zillion and we had the biggest baddest dessert bar ever. There was a chocolate fountain, brownies, cookies, cheescake, fruit, crackers, candy, snow cones, and ice cream. They had a very casual environment, no line, just a big beautiful party in a BEAUTIFUL yard. Unfortunately I was kinda busy throughout the day, so I have like zero pictures of anything, but I'll hopefully get some soon and post some of them. It really was fun.

After the reception ended, we cleaned up and went home to get a much needed good night's rest before going to work the next day.

When Josh and I decided to get married on a Thursday, we thought it was great because it meant we could take a long weekend and we wouldn't have to take as much time off work. It also worked best with his work schedule so we could be back at a reasonable time. HOWEVER, it never occurred to us how rude that was to everyone else! Until now. When the alarm went off on Friday morning, I thought I was going to die, the thought of going to work all day made me want to cry, I just wanted to lounge around and be a bum, but no such luck for me. I'm sure there are a million other things I do that are totally inconsiderate, but I just never realize what a pain I am to other people. So, take this as a blanket apology for all the things I've done that have been incredibly selfish and horrible throughout my life. If I knew how aweful I really was, I wouldn't have done it. :)

Either way, Misty and Ryan were beautiful and happy and are now sealed for time and all eternity, and I'm glad. I feel the formation of an in-laws club happening on Josh's side of the family now that I'm not the only one....

1 comment:

  1. In-law clubs are the BEST!!! By the way, you are forgiven for getting married on a Thursday. It was your wedding, and besides we were on vacation anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share |