Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

This year Josh and I decided to have a New Years party at our new house. Only we don't really have any friends other than Cameron and Jamie, so pretty much it was just a Monday night hanging out WAY past Jamie's bedtime. :)

They were kind enough to take me shopping for Josh's birthday present (a big fat TV) and then help me set it up so when he got home it would be ready to go. Then we figured that for our party the boys could set up surround sound, watch a good action movie, and the girls could color and paint. Jamie had some stuff to paint for the baby's room, so we did just that.

The stuff we painted turned out REALLY cute. And the surround sound works for a DVD, but not for the TV. So, Josh is still trouble-shooting that. But someday it will work beautifully. After playing with it for a long time, we got out some games and played. It was fantastic. I love mellow nights like that.

Jamie and Cameron found this EXCELLENT Asian restaurant and brought food, I didn't have to cook or clean. We just ate, and played. At new years we paused in our various activities to have a New Years kiss (who invented that tradition anyway?) and continued in the games. We played spades a lot, and Josh and Jamie won, both rounds, by a lot. Unbelievablely (I just decided it's a word) a lot. But Cameron and I are good sports, so we let them win and enjoy it. :) It was a great way to start the new year.

I'm excited to see the things that happen this year. There is potential for a lot of change, and it's exciting and scary all at the same time. I can't wait to get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |