Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sugar rush!!!

For Christmas we went to about 10 gajillion family parties. Surprisingly only 2 of them had white elephant/yankee swap gift exchanges. One of those was beautiful. We got a massaging ladybug thing. The other one was less fruitful. Josh got a pretty pretty princess hot chocolate set and I got a shoebox full of candybars. The funny thing is that the pretty princess thing is something his mom brought, and the candybars were Misty's gift. I did not want ANY more sugar as long as I lived because my counter was COVERED in treats from neighbors, family, and strangers. (Really, some random person knocked on my door to delivery me a loaf of weird bread and I was too embarrassed to tell him that I had no clue who he was and just thanked him and wished him a Merry Christmas.) So the thought of adding a shoebox full of candybars made me want to vomit.

Since I have such a great ability to see the big picture and not always limit my vision to the current moment, I realized that in about 3 months I would be craving sugar and DESPERATELY need (yes I know the difference between a 'want' and a 'need' but sometimes chocolate is a need.) a candybar while I was stranded at work (sharing a car is hard sometimes) so I had the foresight to graciously accept the gift and put it in my drawer at work for just such an occasion.

For the few days I lacked the foresight required to pack myself a lunch. I'm not hungry now (when I leave my house at 8:30 am) and don't plan to be hungry until tonight (when I get home at 6:00 pm) so I don't need to spend my precious few moments with my husband packing a lunch. Somehow that never seems to work out. By about 1:00 I am STARVING and willing to eat anything I can find. I dig through my desk drawers and guess what I find? An eternal supply of candy bars!

At the beginning of the week I was doing an excellent job of eating only the gross candybars (as if somehow my not enjoying it makes it healthier.....) but now it's an all out food fest at my desk! I have a bite of candybar because it's the closest thing to lunch I can find, then to get the taste out of my mouth, I have a mint (in the form of a small candycane). Then the mint leaves an icky taste in my mouth (it's not toothpaste, it's just candy) and I have a bite of candybar. So far today I think I've eaten like 12 tiny candy canes and 1 candybar. I skipped breakfast because I was in a hurry and my tummy hurt (probably from the same practice yesterday) so I've had no good healthy food, and don't see any end in sight. Tonight I can't wait to go home and have a baked potato - or a big fat salad! Yum, I'm ready for real food!

*I just spell checked this blog and it turns out that "candybar" and "candycane" are actually 2 words each. Rather than fixing the whole thing I'm leaving it as is. Also it should be noted that "gajillion" is not a word. However, I'm choosing to use it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |