Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm an aunt!

OK I've been an aunt for like 7 years, and it was exciting then too, but now it's REALLY exciting. I think that Jamie having a baby is the closest possible thing to me having a baby. In the beginning I think I had sympathy morning sickness, and I've definitely gained as much weight as she has (not that it's a lot....she's still little) I even had sympathy cravings. :) Anyway, last night she delivered her beautiful 6 lb baby!

I can't even tell you how excited I am for her! I can't believe she's really a mom, it's weird to think about because now everything we (Jamie and I) do will be different, and I'm SO excited about it! They are an awesome couple and will be amazing parents. I'm going to go visit later today and will be sure to put up some pictures of their beautiful new baby.

When I was talking to my mom about the whole thing last night before they delivered, my mom made the comment that she was happy for me and excited that I get to be an aunt! I thought it was kinda funny because I've been an aunt, 3 of my sisters have babies, and it seems like there's always a new one being born (right now it's Sarah's) but for some reason this is closer. I talk to Jamie every day, I will see her baby more often, and I will hear more about everything than I have any for my actual nieces and nephews.

What an incredible time! As a side note, watching Jamie and Cameron prepare to be parents has made Josh really baby hungry, it's kinda funny. We will welcome the opportunity to be parents as soon as it happens for us. We're excited to see other people go through it first and to be part of their miracle while we wait for our own.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, you have to give me your email or your phone number, we have to chat.

    ReplyDelete

Share |