Sunday, January 6, 2008

The last free weekend

Josh starts school on Monday, and that means that this weekend was the last weekend of freedom before real life starts again. In some ways I'm really sad, and in some ways I'm really excited to be back in a normal schedule.

I love being home with Josh, I love having time to play with him and we've had tons of fun with each other, and played with the Burches a lot and I'm going to miss all of that.

But at the same time I am very excited to have normal life back. I can't wait for nights again and the time to work, and to color, and to read and to be alone once a week. I'm behind on my house, my bills, my laundry, my nighttime jobs, my everything, and I'm excited to have that back. I know that by the time it actually happens I'll be lonely and wish I could just see my husband for more than an hour a day, but for today I'm excited to get back to a regular schedule with parties only on the weekends instead of every weeknight. I can't wait to eat real food instead of crackers and dip, I'm happy that the holidays are officially over. I like schedules and regularity and living by ourselves. I like not having an event every single night I just want to have a normal life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |