Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Belly Flops

I remember the first time I tried to do a belly flop on the trampoline in my grandpa's backyard. I'd seen my siblings do it a thousand times and I was terrified - but I was determined to be cool like The Big Kids.

I landed on my hips before my chest and sortof wormed into a face-smack but when I bounced back up I was wildly proud of myself.

"I did it!!!" I shouted, but nobody was around because I don't believe in trying potentially embarrassing things in front of an audience.

Last night when I rolled over from one side to the other, Little John rose up and over my body making an actual flopping sound as he hit the mattress.

"I did it!!!" I thought silently to myself. Because at this point in the pregnancy rolling over in bed is just as big of an accomplishment as my first belly flop.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Amy! Nobody can make me laugh quite like you can. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Share |