Thursday, March 11, 2010

ksl classified

I'm thinking about buying something on ksl.

But then I thought "what if it's broken?"

Then I thought "if they say they're selling it cuz it's broken I won't buy it. but if they're selling it because they just don't need it anymore, then it's fine."

Then I patted myself on the back for being such a genius.

Then AND ONLY THEN I realized that nobody is stupid enough to say "I'm selling this cuz it's broken" It's always because "they're moving" or "doesn't go with the decor" or "they're done having babies" never EVER "because it's broken".

Then I patted myself on the back again....you know, cuz I'm a genius.

9 comments:

  1. I've made a couple of big purchases on ksl classifieds. We've also sold a car and rented our duplex out on that site. Just be smart--always go check out whatever it is you're buying before you pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a GREAT stroller on ksl.com. And I love perusing their free section. I would just say ask a lot of questions. If you ask what's wrong with something people are usually pretty honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice, go with that. Dana bought an ottoman on KSL that was advertised leather, turns out it was vinyl. She was mad and let the woman know, but ended up keeping it anyway. I have bought stuff on craigs list with success, we also sold our last car on KSL to a really nice girl. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought my double jogging stroller on ksl for a rockin' deal. Never been used. Awesome. It almost always works out...just be careful

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love ksl! i can usually tell when i call the seller and ask questions if i'm going to have a problem with whatever. you can always ask if you can look at it first too. good luck! i hope you get whatever it is that you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love ksl! i can usually tell when i call the seller and ask questions if i'm going to have a problem with whatever. you can always ask if you can look at it first too. good luck! i hope you get whatever it is that you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How ironic is it that I work for KSL.com and never check the classifieds? Everyone always raves about them, but I've never found the energy to search them. I'll keep my fingers crossed you find something fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought my totally awesome BMW on KSL. I have had it for two years and haven't had any problems with it at all. I was really lucky and got an awesome deal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Share |