Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oh! What a Beautiful Morning!!!

I'm not sure what it is about the snow that makes me so happy. But there is definitely something there.

While I hate driving on ice, I LOVE driving through the snow when it's just starting to fall. The flakes are huge and beautiful and they look like snow.  It hasn't stuck the roads yet, which means that only 65% of the drivers are idiots. It's soft and gentle. It's clean and white.

When you drive through it and the wind is blowing it, sometime it looks like you're driving through the stars (like on star wars video games....). When there's not a steady wind, but small wind gusts I love the way it dances around in the air before landing and starting to melt. I love feeling the cold light flakes landing on my face. And I love it when one sticks to my eyelashes, keeping it's perfect snowflake form while it melts. I'm not even mad that I blow dried my hair today (not a common occurrence) and that it will be icky and wavy instead of straight like it was when I left.

I'm just in a good mood today. I'm happy to be alive and happy to be here. I'm not tired and grouchy and sick. I love my job. I love my husband. I love the weather. I love my car. I love everything!

I always laugh at myself when I wake up feeling this sunshine-and-lollipop-esque. I know it's cheesy, but today my life is all sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows.....and enormous snowflakes on my eyelashes.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! How nice to finally see that there is someone else in the world (or Utah at least) who is not a winter hater. I love the snow as well. Rain is the best. Congrats to you on your baby. It was funny that I broke the news to Tayler. He was surprised! So exciting to be having a first! Also congrats about having a beautiful day. When pregnant, they are few and far between!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately hold on to this love everything phase for as long as you can. I still have days like this but mostly I just want my sleep back :) I have a feeling that won't go away when the baby comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm like that too!! We should be friends!!! ...please? I'll ask reallllly nicely...

    ReplyDelete

Share |