Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I cancelled Disneyland

I must be the worst wife in the world, although I hate to admit it….

Since I just started a new job, we JUST got back from vacation, and my beautiful sister-in-law is getting married at the beginning of September, I really didn’t feel great about our scheduled trip to Disneyland on the 11th of September. I really didn’t know how we’d pay for it (the gas to get there, or the cost to enter the park) and I sortof avoided talking about it with Josh. Yesterday was the last day we could cancel our reservations with Worldmark, and I did it.

Let me tell you, it wasn’t a fantastic ride home with Josh.

“I had to cancel Disneyland today.”

Silence.

Pouty face.

“Why?”

“Well, I won’t have earned enough time off by then to take the 2 days off work, and the drive out there, and the price of gas, and the price of Disneyland, and Aundrea will be gone that week too, and we just went on vacation, and I don’t want to be the new girl who is never there and always on vacation and thinks the rules don’t apply to her and….”

“That sucks” he interrupted my tirade.

“Yeah. Sorry about that.”
He pouted the rest of the way home. I feel like I took Christmas away from a 5 year old. I think he was every bit as excited for Disneyland as he was for the cruise. Sigh. Maybe next year I’ll actually have some vacation time and we can go and I won’t have to be the Wicked Witch of the West.

3 comments:

  1. awwwwwwww. This is so sad, and I can totally picture Josh's face too :( You could dress up like snow white or cinderella for him and create your own fun fantasy.. that might make him feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad...I'm sorry. On the plus side, it turns out the wicked witch of the west is pretty dang cool...who doesn't like Wicked?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad :-(

    I hate having to be the one to bring down the fun too...but someone's gotta do it. :(

    ReplyDelete

Share |