Monday, April 7, 2008

One of these things....

Do you ever have moments when you just know you're not thinking clearly? It happens to me far more often than I'd like to admit. But, sometimes I see something, I KNOW it's wrong, and then I second guess myself and try to convince myself it's right. That's what happened last night.

I got up at 2:30 to get a drink of water - only I opened the fridge instead of the cupboard - first sign that I'm not quite coherent. After I figured out I wouldn't find a cup in there and started to turn toward the cupboard, I caught myself. I opened the fridge again thinking I saw something strange, but I already couldn't remember what it was. After I got my drink and got back in bed, I realized what it was.



When Josh comes home from school and is too tired to think straight, he doesn't always put things away quite where they go, but at least he puts it things away somewhere. In the middle of the night, I lay awake trying to decide if chips belong in the fridge or not. I finally decided that they definitely did not because of the magnet on the chip clip. It would be too cold when you took it off, and if the magnet was strong enough, it might stick to the door from the inside of the fridge. If chips did belong in the fridge, they wouldn't make chip clips with tiny metal parts on them in order to avoid bags of chips being stuck to the door, and frostbite on people who unknowingly touch said magnet.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA That is too funny! I have done that SO many times, start to put the milk in the cupboard or the cereal in the fridge...but I've never actually really done it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unforunately I have. Powdered sugar in the fridge. Milk in the cupboard. At least I'm not the only one.
    P.S. I love how you lay awake thinking about the magnet on the chip clip...it's only in the middle of the night when you can think of things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's better to do chips in the fridge than milk in the cupboard. :) I like to think all of my best ideas come to me int he middle of the night - of course I only think that when it is the middle of the night and my "best ideas" actually make sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive found milk in the pantry after my mom put it away, good thing it was still cold lol. ive done that many times with kason's babyfood lol.

    ReplyDelete

Share |