Monday, February 11, 2008

Josh had a hard week...

It's been a bit of a tough week for Josh. Earlier in the week we were heading to work and he tackled me - when he took me down, my wedding ring gouged the back of his head and he bled for about half an hour. OUCH! he even said he was feeling a little light headed, but we put a cold cloth on it and it stopped eventually. Josh always jokes that he gave me a weapon not a ring, and I guess this is why.

On Sunday during church he suddenly realized that he didn't feel well at all. By the time we got out of church he was feeling awful and while we walked to our car he kept saying he was FREEZING. Sunday happened to be an extraordinarily warm day. It was beautiful outside, I was ready to go on a picnic, but he wanted to go home and bundle up. He started sounding really bad, he was losing his voice, and coughing a lot. By about 2 or 3 he had a fever of 101. He had cold chills and he was freezing and sweating and miserable. He started feeling better by about 10:00, but I had to drug him to get him to sleep at all. It was a long night. I hope it's not the "real flu" or strep or something, because he keeps getting worse and worse. He called in sick to school today - which he NEVER does. I always feel so helpless, what am I supposed to do? He's just so miserable, and can't have enough blankets on him, and it's HOT in my house. There are not enough cups of tea, warm baths, big blankets, or hot bean bags in the world to keep him warm, even though he's burning up! Here's hoping for a better night tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Josh! I hope he gets feeling better, he sounds miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't heat him up with a fever! No hot blankets, no hot bean bags. Give him tylenol and motrin every 2 hours alternating with each, and only have a light sheet on him. Even though he's cold, it will bring the fever down. The fever is what is making him feel like crap! And don't take him to the ER. Just make an appointment with his Dr. if he's not better in 3-5 days. Bringing his temperature down will make him feel better.
    Sorry, it's the nurse inside me that's just screaming to get out when I hear people heating themselves up when they have a fever. Love you Amy, hope I'm not too nosey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I hope your hubby feels better soon! We had some sort of flu a few weeks ago and it was no fun!

    ReplyDelete

Share |