Friday, June 15, 2007

States & Sprinklers

You ever have those moments....you know the ones when you suddenly realize how uneducated you are and even though you thought you knew the stuff that mattered, and all of a sudden the stuff that never mattered does? Yep, I had one of those. Jamie sent me this real funny game. It has a map of the United States, and you just have to click and drag the names of the states to where they belong. So, I did this "special school" in elementary school, and I never even memorized the states. I knew I didn't know them all, and I knew I struggled with the midwest, but OH MAN! I had NO clue I was as clueless as I was. I seriously didn't even know where Minnesota was. I can't for the life of me remember which one is Wisconsin and which is Michigan. The real shocker though, was when I couldn't even find Montana, I really thought I knew the western states. Ouch! Anyway, if you're bored or want to find out how smart you really are, here's the link:
http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

This morning as I was walking down the street to my office, the neighbors' sprinklers were on - not uncommon. The cool part was the birds that were just chillin' in the sprinklers. Yes, that's right, quail running through the sprinklers. They'll all get in a big group, and go in. Then they'd all fly out at the same time and scatter. That's cool and I don't care who you are. I love things like that.

In all it's been a good/exhausting week.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, when you do the states thing it makes you feel stupid. But then I got them all and now I feel smart, I can even get almost all the capitols now! :) I'll have to write a blog about that on mine too since I can't think of anything else to write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. im scared to do the states thing!! lol Dannon is our dog :)

    ReplyDelete

Share |