Saturday, June 20, 2009

putting that on my faith shelf

Yesterday Josh and I were sitting in the Pizza Hut parking lot in Missoula talking about "when we live here we can ______" and all of a sudden I looked at him and said "wait. Did we just make a decision? Are we officially gonna go for this?" and he looked at me and smiled and said "kinda sounds like it huh?" and that was the moment the official decision was made. It's a very refined process. I know.

We spent the rest of the day talking about what that means. Our to-do list just grew 10 miles long what with all the packing, moving, and changing. We talked about how much we'd miss our families. We talked about how if we stayed too long Baby Thomas might have to attend "Hellgate Elementary" (dead serious...and what I wanna know is what is their mascot? Satan? Gooooo Satans!!!!" teaching the premortal life experience might be harder with this one....) We talked about getting stuff out of our house to get it ready to rent (or sell). With nothing to do all day but drive around and talk, we pretty much covered it all.

Then we started looking for places to rent. Josh needs a garage, so an apartment probably won't work. Plus we sorta feel like we need to bail somebody out who is trying to rent out their townhome so we can rent out ours. Pay It Forward....in reverse. So, we drove around looking for "for rent" signs and calling on them. Not the most efficient way to get things done....but we got to know "the hill" verses "down in the city" really well.

The hardest part of the whole thing is having faith that the situation with our townhome will work out. Whether that means getting it rented (or sold) right away (please oh please!) or carrying it, totally depleting our savings and teaching us a lesson on being prepared and being humble (and probably a major lesson in budgeting).

Misty has a phrase for situations like this, "I'm just gonna have to put that one on my faith shelf for a while...." and I suppose that's right where we are. Standing under the faith shelf trying to reach high enough to stick stuff on it, I hope we grow tall enough to put things there - otherwise we'll have to find a ladder.

7 comments:

  1. Here come the tears again!

    But really, I'm so happy for you! I know that things will work out. I wish I could buy your house from you so you didn't have that to worry about.

    See you in a couple of days. And I promise, I'll be smiling from ear to ear by then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much would you want to rent your place out for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try listing your place on ksl.com. The Freemans rented there place in one day on ksl.

    You will be SO missed! Montana is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're moving! I hope that everything works out just the way that you want it to and that you love Montana just as much in three months as you do today. Good luck with everything, and seriously (I'm not just saying this) let us know if you need help packing/moving/cleaning or anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to be sad...but I guess if it's for the best...that's what needs to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a lot of faith. I admire you guys! Nick and I have never ventured 25 miles from either of our hometowns. It will be a great adventure, go HellGates...or Satans! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share |