Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tommy Helps

Everybody told me that when John was born Tommy would become enormous. 

And he did. 

Like the first time I changed his diaper post-John I said outloud
"holy cow, you have the biggest bum I've EVER seen!"
And he said
"bum! bum! bummmmmmm!!!!!"
and collapsed into a fit of giggles.

But over the last 2 months he's grown up even more. 

He puts his own clothes in the laundry hamper and runs around the house being "nakie Tommy!" before baths. (You should come over around 7 for the show, it's a-freakin-dorable.)

He regularly follows me in to change John's diaper and waits for me to ask him for a favor, to which he emphatically replies "poop bucket!"* 

But, by far, my favorite way that he helps is by unloading the dishwasher.

He's been blindly chucking the silverware into the drawer for me to sort for weeks now, but today it finally occurred to me that given the opportunity he would likely sort it. 

I was right. Beautifully correct.


I love it when I'm right!


*"Poop bucket" is his cue to dispose of the dirty diaper in our diaper pail, which we affectionately call the poop bucket. My mom just cringed. I know it.

2 comments:

Share |