Saturday, January 7, 2012

SNOW!!!

The big news around here today is that it snowed.

I know what you're thinking "Isn't she in Utah? Isn't it January? Why is snow news?"

Well I'll tell you why. On Friday we were certain that winter was never going to come and bought sunglasses and got out the swimsuits and made plans to go to the park. 

So at 5:30 this morning when Tommy woke up and Josh opened the blinds to show him that it was "dumping snow!"  (the last line in one of his current favorite books which has no name and is not for sale online....) Tommy's eyes lit up (at 5 freakin' 30 in the morning) and Josh instantly decided they'd be going out to enjoy the real winter. 


Tommy was thrilled - and when Dad told him they had to come in so Dad could go to work Tommy was heartbroken. He came up the stairs whimpering and sniffling because he wanted "mo' more mittens please?!?!" I couldn't say no. So I threw a jacket on over my jammies and we played in the "backyard".

"THREE!!!!"

"A big one!"

"Git chooo mom!"
We only played for an extra 10 minutes before I bribed him with hot chocolate and his "dinosaur tent" so we could go in and get warm. A deal he was happy to take. 


Why is it that over the past 3 weeks it's practically been spring here and we've only gone out to play in it once - once - but the second it snows we're out in it within hours? I guess we're just that kind of awesome.

4 comments:

  1. I'm confused. What is your favorite book? Oh, and your boy is deliciously adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Tommy's favorite book and we call it "Dumpy" because it's about a dump truck. It's a little board book shaped like a dump truck, but it has no title and no author and I can't find even a picture of it online. But he can quote the whole thing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky. By the time my girls had finished running around the house screaming, "It snowed! It snowed! It snowed!" it had all melted. Just like that. Poof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pictures! What is up with the weather? But I'm glad it decided to snow because my girls were just asking me when it was gonna do that this year!

    ReplyDelete

Share |