Tuesday, April 14, 2009

13 weeks means...

Well, we've already talked about what it means to me....although if today counts as an indicator either "we're not as far along as we think we are" (again) or the whole "energy and eating" theme of the 2nd trimester is a load of crap. Oddly enough, I'm kindof hoping we add another month to this pregnancy again. But what this week means to you is:

  • Fingerprints. No more anonymous crimes in there Baby Egbert. Next time you wrap your tiny hands around my stomach and squeeze, I'm sending in the police and they'll catch you what with all the fingerprints. So, you'd better knock it off.
  • Thin-skin. We've talked about how you're not going to be a monster or an alien when you decide to grace us with your presence, right? OK. Just do your best thicken up over the next 6 months. Thanks.
  • If Baby Egbert is a girl she literally has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. If she's a girl we'll talk about that later. I'm just thinking with 2 million eggs...she's probably not going to have the same problems I did....at least I hope none of my babies have to experience that.
Also, I've noticed a slightly hostile tone when I'm talking to Baby Egbert. It's important to note that I love this child with all my heart. I am grateful that I get to be a mom. 

The whole experience of having a baby grow in me, depend on me, and be a part of the man I love more than anyone has been incredible, spiritual and completely indescribable experience. It brings me to tears. It melts my heart. And when I pray every night for this baby to grow and develop and for Josh and I to be the best parents we are capable of, I do it with nothing but love and admiration for this whole process. I'm overwhelmed and honored to be a part of this miracle.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Amy! I usually don't feel totally better until about week 14 or 15. Slowly but surely you should be having less and less nausea and more and more energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope it goes away SOON!! I was so sick too and it was the worse. At one point I told my husband that I only wanted one child cause I couldn't throw up anymore. My sickness didn't go away til about 16 or 17 weeks. I know that sounds like a long time but hang in there, it really does get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, my mom informed me when I got pregnant that our family is sick until week 14. I hoped she was wrong but she wasn't. However after that I felt amazing!! You look pregnant so people are really nice but you're not uncomfortable yet and food tastes good again. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Share |