Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Pleasing Personality Takes a Brief Hiatus

Dear Oprah,

Your trip to Australia was pretty incredible, but the moment that left the biggest impact on me was when you were standing on top of the bridge throwing a fit about the helicopter running out of gas after waiting for all 300 people to climb to the top of the bridge.

Remember when you were narrating how you (in your pleasant voice) said "coming up next, my pleasing personality takes a brief hiatus and we set the world record for....." blah blah blah blah?

That just makes me laugh every time I hear it in my head (a lot) and I'd like to put it on a t-shirt. Mostly because I think my pleasing personality is in the middle of a rather prolonged hiatus. And wouldn't it be nice if I had a t-shirt that explained that to people who don't know I'm not always like this. (Or maybe I am?)

It just seems like a good idea. But if I do it, are you gonna collect royalties and stuff? Because I don't think I can afford you.

Please respond,
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Dear Amy,
    I think this is a brilliant idea. I'll go into business with you if you like. :)

    Love,
    Mal

    p.s. You are stinking hilarious, I just thought you would like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would buy one of those. Or maybe I just need a sign at work. Right next to the one I already have that says, "Sarcasm. Just one more service we offer here."

    ReplyDelete

Share |