Monday, July 30, 2007

good friends

You know when you just wake up feeling good? Today was kinda one of those days. I felt like I wans't way behind, I slept well, I was just kinda in a good mood. I love those days. Over the weekend we had a reasonable productive Saturday, it kinda sucked because Josh worked and I had to stay home to cook for missionaries, so I barely saw him, but it's OK, we had fun anyway.

Sunday morning was one of those calm relaxed mornings. We could chill, hang out, and sleep in. I LOVE that feeling. I had visiting teaching appointments, which was really fun. For the first time I really felt like I got along with my partner. We talked about housing and stuff, and it was really great. We had a fantastic time. We were visitn teaching for like an hour and a half and it was really nice. I came home, took a little nap just before church and then we had a great time at church. Good talks about pioneers and being good, all that stuff. When we got home we ate dinner and then decided that we wanted to do something, but we didnt' wanna go anywhere, we didn't wanna stress about anything, but we wanted to do something fun. We called Jamie and Cameron (I don't know how to make Burch plural..."es"? "'s"? hmmm...I'll have to think about that.) to see if they'd come hang out on short notice. Fortunately they did. They came over, and I realized after they left that I was a complete disaster. My hair was all messed up, I was wearing Josh's shorts and a big ugly t-shirt. I had mascara under my eyes and my hair was pulled all up in a pile. I was embarrassed for about 2 seconds before I realized that I didn't even care. That's you how you know you have good friends. They'll come back, they didn't hate me, it was just fine. I LOVE that feeling. We played Greed for like a hundred years, it was great. Good friends, good night, and it lead to a great morning. I love having good friends and good times. It's such a comforting feeling to know you're loved and supported no matter what, and not feeling like you have to impress people. :) It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |