Monday, July 23, 2007

End of vacation

A happy end to happy vacation. Yesterday was the PERFECT Sunday. It almost made me wish that we didn't live so close to so many relatives because it was so nice to be together with nobody else. I love having family close, I love that we always get to do something fun, but once in a while it's nice to be able to just be with each other. I really miss having time just with us. It seems like now that Josh is in school, our time together is so limited that we always try to go out and do something when we have it. I've really missed just hanging out, so it was nice to have SO MUCH time to do nothing but talk, hang out, swim, chill, and just do anything we wanted. I can certainly understand the advice we've received from so many people to get away every year. It's important to be just with each other, and we don't even have kids yet! I can only imagine how much more important it becomes. Even the driving around was fun - we spent a lot of time in the car, but we listened to books and we had a really good time. We ate at Village Inn, which is kindof a sentimental place for me. It's where we went on one of our first dates, the night we got engaged, and on our honeymoon. I like it and I'm glad we went again. The whole trip seemed to be just perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything better. So refreshing to be our geek selves and have nothing to worry about. Now, if only I could capture that feeling at home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |