Monday, March 17, 2008

Promotion

Today my boss sat me down and told me that I'm getting promoted. Instead of being an Administrative Assistant, I am now the Office Manager. Even though they sound exactly the same to me it means - more responsibility and more money! Yay!

The title isn't really anything that exciting to me. I'm not really into titles. I'm just happy about more money. :) Although, when I told Josh, I heard this weird edge of concern in his voice, then I asked if he was still going to be OK with me not working when we start having kids. That's always been the plan, but I think it freaks him out to think that we wouldn't have my income - and the more I make the harder it will be when it come times for me to stop working.

I've always been a little scared of quitting work (I have this underlying fear that I won't be a good mom) and I think I'm feeling the same way. But, since I don't know when we'll be having kids, I figure it doesn't do any good to worry about it until it's an issue - so here I am being excited about my promotion.

One of the coolest things about this is that they are going to be replacing our Accounts Payable person with an Administrative Assistant who will do a little bit of bookkeeping. BUT, this person will also be my assistant. I'm going to have an assistant! I'll be "over" 2 people, and doing the interviewing/hiring of the new person coming up shortly. How nuts is that?

3 comments:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!! That's super exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats Amy, that is way exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Share |