Tuesday, August 12, 2008

10 things at new job

10 Things that happened during my first week that never would have happened at my old job. 

1. I heard zero swear words. Seriously zero. Not even the little ones. And certainly not the big ones.

2. The girl I ate lunch with on my first day prayed before eating. So did I.

3. The soundtrack of my lunch hour includes “I Wonder When He Comes Again” “Heavenly Father Loves Me” “I Am a Child of God” and “I Lived in Heaven”. All of those things are true, and that’s cool.

4. I have heard the phrase “10-4” roughly 973 times. Yes, that’s right. I get to use a radio (read: walkie talkie) let the coveting begin.

5. I have had a lunch break every single day for a week. AND I ate during that break. That’s cool.

6. During training I learned that my department exists to help bring souls to Christ. You can’t argue with a mission statement like that.

7. I talk to Mormon VIPs. GAs mostly.

8. During a morning break, I wander around temple square.

9. I did NOT hear about weekend adventures and “partners” of my boss. Doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it is.

10. When my computer didn’t work, nobody mocked or made fun of the computer guys. In fact, nobody has bad-mouthed anybody else at all. Everyone actually likes each other, and they all work well together.

6 comments:

  1. How mice would it be to have a job like that!? What exactly do you do anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy for you \. It makes me miss my job, and you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. that is really cool. I am hanging off your ankels when you die.. because they'll have to let me into heaven if I'm attached to you right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. that is really cool. I am hanging off your ankels when you die.. because they'll have to let me into heaven if I'm attached to you right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. im so happy for you! you seem alot happier there! yay

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH! That was huge for me even working for AAA after moving from back East. It was WAY wierd that more than half the employees actually knew what "Primary" was or what a "Mission" was, etc. If my first job out here was for the church I'm not sure my system could have handled the shock!

    Glad you enjoy your job...hope it stays that way (I think it will)!

    BTW: "Walkie Talkies"!!!! I am SO jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Share |