Monday, May 26, 2008

Walk it off....

This morning after sleeping in (which felt SOOOO good) Josh and I got up and went running together. It was fantastic, and we both ran really well. We went straight from there to South Davis Rec Center for a game of racquetball. Turns out I'm REALLY bad at racquetball, and Josh isn't nearly as bad as I am.

He kept hitting it so it would hit the floor and then immediately hit the back wall, with no time for someone as slow as me to smack it back to the front wall in between. When I asked Josh what I was supposed to do in that situation, he was showing me how you can smack it REALLY hard off the back wall, and it would go clear to the front wall. So, he turned around to smack it REALLLLLY hard against the back wall, only instead of going to the front wall to keep the ball in play, it hit him straight in his eye. Now, I don't know if you've ever been hit with a racquetball travelling approximately 9,000 miles/hour, but it looks very painful, and from Josh's whimper, I'm assuming that's correct. He was only standing like 4 feet from the wall, and with the power he hit it with....ouch.

He immediately dropped to the floor and covered his eye with his hands. It took him almost 5 minutes to be able to remove his hands, then another couple of minutes before he could open the eye. He amazingly wanted to play anyway since we had just barely started. So we played anyway. Now, here's the embarrassing part (for me....the smacking himself in the eye was the embarrassing part for him.) I still didn't win. He looked like a pirate, couldn't keep his eye open through the whole game. I held my own for the first game, but lost it at the last minute since I was too much of a chicken to try his signature move (which was clearly dangerous, as earlier exhibited). He started to be able to see a lot better during the 2nd game and beat me again.

We had a lot of fun, and I'm glad we got to play, the South Davis Rec Center is REALLY nice, and I'm excited to go back already. I'm fairly certain I got better from the beginning to the end, and really it's just a matter of time before I beat him. I can't wait for that day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |