Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My husband is crafty

Last Saturday night as we were getting ready for Mother's Day making cards and invitations for Josh's graduation party, I made Josh help me with the craftiness of the whole thing.

He admitted that he liked it, he was all proud of himself for sticking stuff together and even using "buttons" (eyelets) to attach stuff. I have to say that it was kinda fun to have him help me with it, and I was pretty impressed with his mad skills.

The more I scrapbook the more I appreciate my super-cool mother in law. This woman is amazing. Seriously. Josh has 5 STUFFED books of his life, and every single page is adorable and amazing. The layouts are incredible, and the amount of time she spent on each one blows my mind. For our wedding she made us a dating scrapbook that I LOVE. It makes me happy every time I look through it because we had so much fun, and she put it together so well. I've always sworn that I will never be a scrapbooker because I'm just not creative enough, but the more I do it, the more I like it. The problem is it's SO time consuming, that if I started doing it, I would always be behind, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life on a big guilt trip because I'm behind in scrapbooking. So, I'm torn. My poor babies will miss out, but I just don't think I can commit to that much time of scrapbooking. Maybe if they're lucky, their grandmother will make them mini-books with just a few pages of the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |