Tuesday, May 29, 2007

vacation? or not!

So much for vacation, that's all I have to say. I feel a little jipped, and it's my own fault, which is the worst part!

On Friday I was SOO excited and ready to go because Josh didn't have school (yay!) and we had 3 whole DAYS to be together, which is SOOO exciting! So, I planned to leave work at like 3:30 - 4:00 at the latest, so much for that. I was here until 6:30. Josh called just before 4:00 and told me he had run out of gas, which kinda makes me laugh, and could I come get him, I told him I could leave in half an hour (too much to do, too little time) and he said not to bother then cuz he wasn't that far from home and he'd just walk. I was still trying to get out of here as soon as possible, but that didn't happen until 6:00. One thing after another, EVERYTHING had to be done before the long weekend, stress, stress stress. I finally left and then still had to go the bank, but I had to go to the wrong one because it was so late, and that took FOREVER! I finally made it home and Josh was tired and bored and didn't really care what we did. But, neither of us felt like packing up and camping, so we didn't.

Saturday we slept in, played ninentdo (I figured out how to use all of Yoshi's powers and TOTALLY beat Josh. Secretly I think he let me, but he didn't say he did and I'm just proud I beat him.) and went to see a movie. Shrek was pretty funny, but we REALLY wanted to see Pirates, so we bought our tickets early and at Jordan Commons (they should give me free tickets for all the advertising I do for them) they have this new thing where you can reserve your seats so you don't have to get there 10 years early to get seats. I really think that is on my list of top 10 inventions of all time. :) So, we saw Pirates Monday morning (I highly recommend re-watching the 2nd one immediately before the 3rd, cuz I was TOTALLY lost through the whole thing. It was still cool though), Shrek Saturday afternoon, and didn't do much else. It was just a long weekend and we're both still tired and Josh is sick. So yay for vacation, right? Or something like that.

One fun thing was that we went to my parents' ward. Someone called Josh and asked if he would teach Sunday School and we still didn't know what we were going to do, so he said we wouldnt' be here, so we had to find another ward to go to so we wouldn't be lying. (sinful!) :) it's always fun to hang out with my parents. LOL. We even went on a walk, and Randy made no-bake cookies. Mmmm.....cookies...... I ate a LOT of BAD things this weekend, but oh man! I enjoyed it!!!

We also went to Ikea with Jamie & Cameron, that was fun. They have TONS of stuff in that store! I'm pretty sure I wanted to buy most of things we saw, and Josh REALLY was ready to go home the whole time. I'm still learning that there are some things I shouldn't make him come do with me i.e. scrapbook stuff, furniture, fabric, etc. I still had fun, but I felt a little guilty for making him go. I probably won't do that again and just go with Jamie cuz it's more fun that way. :)

All in all it was a good break from life, but I just didn't feel like we did anything that great, you know? I hate it when stuff like that happens. And now this week is gonna be an interesting one...

4 comments:

  1. Amen to no break!! I totally need a vacation. We will definently have to go to IKEA just us sometime and then we can get all the things we really want and not have to worry about your husbands being bored. And maybe we'll run into Cody and we can ask him if he started that riot, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, I just realized I made an error in the message I wrote I meant that we would "not have to wory about OUR husbands being bored" lol, that's funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah yeah, you'd just like to THINK it was only my husband. :) At least they had each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its always good to bum around and just have a good relaxing time away from life. We hit the beach as usual this weekend.. oh man bad idea. read my blog :(

    ReplyDelete

Share |