Friday, October 29, 2010

present from UPS

6 out of 7 days a week I am home for 23 out of 24 hours.

Home home.

Inside my house.

Working. Playing. Watching soap operas. Whatever.

But I'm home. Is this sad? Maybe....

2 of the last 3 days I came home to a UPS notice on my door.

They're sorry they missed me.

They'll come back tomorrow.

So today I was determined not to leave my house until they gave me my stuff.

I left before they gave me my stuff because sometimes Bubbah melts if we don't go for a walk. And when Bubbah melts, we walk. So I left the house and I said a prayer that they wouldn't come while I was gone.

Miraculously I got home before the UPS man did and he was very happy to deliver me my new toy.

Is the suspense killing you? Do you wish you knew what they were delivering?

Pretend you just waited 2 days and you'll be more satisfied with it.

It's my fancy-pants new shredder which is replacing the "I really need to get around to finding a shredder to use" box.

Am I a dork for loving the sounds it makes when the stack of papers crinkles through the shredder because you can't feed them in straight?

Probably.

5 comments:

  1. No, you're not officially a shredder dork until you admit out loud that shredding a 3-inch stack of papers is very cathartic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing!! I love to shred stuff at work, it's one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I want to know is what do you do from home??? Maybe I should reconsider my job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shredding things too. :) Yay for a new shredder!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    You had me going there for a moment...waiting...what great thing is she buying? lol! I keep my shredder in my wash room and shred mail everyday! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete

Share |