Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blessing Day: Johnathan William

I'm pretty sure that I would have died the morning we blessed John if Josh was still working Sundays. 

Really.
Died. 

But as it is, he wasn't working and instead he helped me clean the house, get the boys dressed and keep John from crying (sometimes). 

That's why we had time to snap a few pictures before church.

I particularly love Tommy's face in this picture. Sometimes he's doesn't sound/look/act like himself when we're around other people, but this smiling face is the one that I know and love.  Plus did you notice he's a handsome little boy? As in, NOT baby? True story.
 

I was so excited that we got to use this blanket again. My dear friend from work (Hi Karleen!) made it when Tommy was born and I immediately dubbed it The Blessing Blanket.



John is named for my dad and grandpa so I was glad they came to my house before the blessing so I could take a 3-John picture. So when Tommy looks at this picture he goes "John. John. John. A match!" and then giggles "silly grandpa....."


After church we had treats at our house for the people brave enough to stay for all 3 hours of church. Turns out that was just the right size crowd. My preparation for the event was minimal, my mom brought dilly rolls and lunch meat/cheese tray. Josh's mom brought cinnamon rolls (which I've eaten for breakfast every day since then) and others brought various cookies and goodies. I opened a veggie tray which I bought at Costco. It was lovely.

4 comments:

  1. What a handsome boy!!! Congrats to your sweet family :) And Costco's veggie tray has saved me on many occasions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 3 Johns picture. I'm glad Tommy thinks it's silly. It was really neat to be there for the blessing and I thought everything was just right afterward at your house. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all look lovely! The three Johns picture is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This first picture (of the family). Whoa, that Tommy is seriously adorable. And baby John is pretty precious too :)

    ReplyDelete

Share |