Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 4 - Baby Amy

Day 4 - A photo of you as a child

When I was a little girl my older siblings used to chant at me
Baby Amy, Baby Amy
What's underneath your nose?

To which I would proudly respond "My wips!" (lips)

See, I was adorable.

OK it's totally against the rules to put more than one - but remember? I'm cool. So breaking the rule doesn't bug me.
See?
Rebel.

This photo is meant to be taken at evidence that I did look good in overalls at one point in my life.

Preschool

When I saw this next picture I realized that Tommy does look like me. He does this non-smile thing that melts my heart, and I never in a million years would've guessed that I did that smile too. But I did. My mom's heart must be putty.

1st Grade
Dear Mom,
Thank you for accepting this as my school photo for the year and not requiring retakes for "a real smile".
Love,
Amy

Although my mom was not so into taking a million pictures of every little thing - I do have a few photos that were not school pictures.

My cousin, Gina, and I being dancers. I'm the chubby one on the left, Gina's the beautiful willowy elegant one on the right. Some girls get all the luck.
My first self-portrait. Little did I know I would become VERY good at the self-portrait.

You're gonna have to blow this one up to see me in it - but the better part is my daddy. Isn't he dashing? This might be my new favorite picture of him. One black dress sock on pulled up to mid-calf. One RED BYU sweatshirt (Whose idea was that? And how many of you want one?). And of course he's wearing the smile that must have won over my mom back before the dinosaurs. Who wouldn't fall in love with that smile? He melts my heart too. 
Christmas morning
I'm the tiny girl in the middle who is apparently trying to suffocate the cabbage patch doll.

5 comments:

  1. Wow your dad looks so young. And you my dear are adorable. I loved the smile, and yes, Tommy looks like you. And you're still adorable!! Yay for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's funny cause elegant is the last thing I'd say when you look at my "can't even smile or I'll fall over" face and notice that I'm balancing on my wand/stick thingy. Cheater. Haha fun memories though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute little girl!! Tommy definitely looks like you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck! Tommy looks exactly like you! And you are so so so so so cute. And holy cow about Dad! (Especially red BYU.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a red BYU shirt. Can I get one to wear to the BYU vs Utah so I can wear it with my Utes Camo hat?

    ReplyDelete

Share |