Saturday, November 6, 2010

Daddy's boy

Tommy and Josh have a bond that I suspect I will never understand.

That's just one reason it breaks my heart that Josh is home so little. Tommy sometimes goes days without seeing his father. I wish Josh could stick around long enough to see Thomas every morning and be home before bedtime every night. But the mornings that they do see each other before Josh leaves seem to be worse.

Josh only has to work 8 hours today (let's hear it for the weekend! woot woot!) so he bummed around here later than normal today.

He played with Tommy, they ate breakfast together, showered together and then Josh left for work.

Tommy didn't notice the exact moment that Josh walked out the door, but within 5 minutes started crawling all around the house methodically looking for his father.

As he crawled out of our bathroom and toward the living room again he started to sniffle and whine.

By the time he'd crossed the living room it was a full blown cry.

So I picked him up and cuddled him and told him that dad will be home tonight before bed and that I promised that dad would always always come home.

Then I put him down for a nap and cried. For more reasons than I can count.

1 comment:

  1. :( I just got a little teary-eyed at work. It's only been the past couple months that Luke's been able to sleep at home with me every night (because he'd worked the graveyard shift since before we started dating). I know how hard it can be to be married to someone you don't get to see enough, and I can't imagine how much harder that'd be with a kid. Love you. Feel for you.

    ReplyDelete

Share |