Monday, July 1, 2013

Little? John

When we go out in public and call him Little John people always smile and tell me how much they love that. They'll likely never know how much I love it. And that's OK. 

But the bigger he gets the more I wonder how long I'll be able to call him Little John. 

He insists that he's ready to graduate out of the high chair and sit at the table like the rest of us. 


He is talking a little more, but the words he knows are not at all important to his ability to communicate. Everybody knows what he wants all the time. 

My favorite is when his eyes light up because he knows something fun will happen. Typically this is because Garret helps him out of the car, and he knows they're going to ride the wiggle car down the street. Bless Garret and his desire to be cool for the kids. It's totally working. They love him. 



Lately John just seems so very large. He walks around everywhere we go, he knows what comes next and he loves to sit around reading books. He's intelligent and engaged in things. He's a far cry from the (adorably mushy) lump of baby we brought home from the hospital a year and a half ago. 

And while I love mushy baby lumps, I REALLY love this learning growing BEING that he is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |