Thursday, May 17, 2012

boys love bugs

When we found out Tommy was going to be a boy I was a little nervous. Because I know that I don't know anything about boys.

Plus I knew he'd pee on me. And who knows where else.


But I was also secretly relieved because as little as I know about boys I know even less about girls. Barbies? Kill me now.


The truth is that every kid is hard boys and girls. Right?

But I don't think a girl would have brought me a creepy beetle today while we were supposed to be coloring with sidewalk chalk.

And I don't think I would have screamed in her face and smacked her hand to rid it of the creepy beetle so close to my nose.

And that means she wouldn't have been traumatized for life thinking that both she and beetles are terrifying.



And maybe (but not likely) that would mean that Josh wouldn't consider it his most important mission in life to help our child play with bugs.



Of course, if I had girls instead of boys, they probably wouldn't allow their father to dress them because when dad is in charge babies look like this.


So I suppose it's all good that we have boys and all of those bug things did happen.

7 comments:

  1. ICK BUGS!

    Randy did buy an ant farm for Ryann and she's a girl. She doesn't pick up bugs though.

    A long time ago she was playing in the dirt with Audrey and looking for worms but later that night she cried in bed and told us, "I don't actually like worms."

    Not sure if gender's the reason, but I'm definitely okay with her not liking to touch bugs or worms or snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I seriously don't know what's wrong with the way John is dressed in that pic.

    Maybe my kids can pick up fashion sense on their own when they go to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. The bib, the white socks, and shoes (3 sizes too big) and....I dunno - it just looks....I don't know.

      Delete
  3. I'm so relieved that I wasn't the only one who didn't know what was wrong with the picture. Unless you were kidding, and now I feel even more stupid.

    Taylor had a friend who had a bug party (preschool age). The party favor? Urine cups filled with bugs the kids found themselves during the party.

    1. Where do you get that many urine sample cups?
    2. Were the cups clean before bugs went in them?
    3. What am I supposed to do with all of these bugs?
    4. Where's the hand sanitizer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. you really don't see anything wrong with that "outfit"? Sheesh. You guys are forgiving. :D

      1. Dr.'s office. Plus little boys like things they can pee in. And little boys like bugs. So...win-win-win.
      2. Probably not.
      3. Kill 'em. Fast!
      4. BYOHS. Which sorta looks like *boys* :D

      Delete
  4. I'm totally nervous about having a boy someday for those same 2 reasons! And now I'm nervous about the bug thing too :) I would have reacted the exact same way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Love the outfit! I am still teaching all of my boys the rules about matching....sometimes they listen. Spencer doesn't understand why I bother.

    ReplyDelete

Share |