Thursday, April 23, 2009

What'd YOU do for Earth day?

I ready everybody's posts about Earth Day at about 11:30 last night and thought back over my day. It's not a big revelation that I'm not the most environmentally friendly person around...but last night I thought about my actions all day long. Know what I did to celebrate Earth Day? (Without realizing it of course...)

  • I flushed a toilet about 25 times....seriously (6 of those times were after I went to bed). I don't even want to think about how much water that is.
  • I washed my hands 37 times. With the water on the whole time. And at home I waited for the water 
  • I threw away 4 large Styrofoam cups.
  • I drove Josh's big fat SUV to pick up our un-organically grown processed food that comes in disposable and paper wrappers. We ate said food and threw away everything that came with it. Plastic, paper, more cups, etc.
  • I left the lamp on all night long....
  • I turned on every light in the house at 5:30 when we got home. And I left them all on (even the closet light.....) until we went to bed much, much later.
So, there you have it. It's not like I woke up on Earth Day thinking "how can I make a mockery of an important holiday and issue?" rather, I was just doin' what comes naturally. Sad huh?

3 comments:

Share |